Tuition | Promotions | Policies
LAAFA’s Extension Program allows you to pursue your artistic and career goals while accommodating your busy schedule. The challenge is, how to afford the tuition.
Through our school programs, you have access to payment plan options, scholarships, promotions and work study opportunities. We encourage you to look at the available options and work with us to help you achieve your educational goals. In addition, please find our current information on our school policies for students.
Payment Plan Program
LAAFA Payment Plan
For those students needing extra time during the quarter to pay for their classes, LAAFA offers a payment plan. Pay for half of your tuition cost prior to your class start date and then half-way through pay your remaining balance. Only for a 3% fee!
Student will be unable to continue in the program if all of the payment requirements are not met.
PayPal – Bill Me Later
Students have the option to purchase classes by PayPal. One of the features of PayPal is a “Bill Me Later” promotion that includes: No Payment + No Interest if paid for within 6 months! Subject to credit approval.
REGISTRATIONS & PAYMENT PLANS
Students must be paid in full prior to the first day of class when enrolled in an Extension Course or Workshop, except those with a payment plan agreement. Please visit the Main Office at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the class, to complete any pending registration issues.
Payment Plans: A 3% Payment Plan Fee will be assessed, with a maximum charge of $35. The Payment Plan Fee, $20 Registration Fee, plus 50% of the total tuition owing must be paid on or before the first day of class. The remaining 50% of the tuition can be paid with a post-dated check (dated 1 month later) or with a signed Credit Card Authorization Form.
There is a $35.00 fee for all checks returned as N.S.F. (Non-Sufficient Funds).
COURSE CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS
LAAFA reserves the right to cancel any class, limit class size, change class times or substitute instructors for those listed in the schedule.
If a class is cancelled, students will be issued a full refund or may transfer with no fee to another class.
If an instructor must leave after a term has begun, and no suitable substitute is available, the student will be refunded a pro-rated amount.
REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
All classes, uninstructed workshops, Visiting Artist Workshops and artist demonstrations are non-refundable. You may request to drop for credit (see next paragraph) or transfer into another class.
You have two weeks to evaluate each class and decide whether you want to drop for credit (a dollar amount calculated based on the receipt of request) or transfer into a new class. Requests must be submitted before the start of the third session, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A $25 Drop/Transfer Fee is assessed. Credit will be valid for a full year and is non-refundable. It can be applied toward any Extension Course, Workshop or Visiting Artist Event at LAAFA.
All artist demonstrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
ABSENCES & MAKE-UPS
One free make-up session is allowed per quarter, per class. Please email us at email@example.com, at least 3 days in advance, with the course and date you wish to attend as a make-up. Make-up sessions aren’t transferable to future quarters.
- If you arrive late, please enter quietly. If you have equipment to set up, please wait for a break to set up so that you do not disrupt the class.
- The front row of benches is reserved for sitting individuals.
- Economize your workspace to accommodate fellow artists.
- Please refrain from talking to the models while they are posing. Photography is not allowed without the express permission of the model. The model may require a photography fee.
- Please refrain from personal discussions while class is in session. Be sure to switch cell phone ringers OFF.
- Don’t comment on others’ work unless it is solicited.
- Animals are not permitted, with the exception of assistance dogs for the disabled.
- Please clean up your work area and properly dispose of your waste after class. Use the Brush Cleaning Closet, not the bathroom sinks, to clean your hands, paintbrushes and other art tools.
- No Turpentine or smelly solvents and mediums are allowed. Odorless Mineral Spirits is preferred.
- There will only be 18 spots allowed in the workshops. Entry in the workshop is on a first come, first served basis. We do not accept reservations. Students with Membership Passes will be admitted into the workshop first, 15 minutes before the start time (not before). Students paying on a per-day basis will be admitted at the start time of the workshop if space is available.
- Please note that all students must pay prior to the start of each workshop or class when paying on a per-day basis, and prior to entering the workshop to set up.
- A monitor appointed by LAAFA will set up all uninstructed workshops. Once the pose is set, there will be no changes.
- Any suggestions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAAFA awards scholarships based on need, talent and demonstration of motivation. LAAFA is currently offering up to two $500 Contemporary Representational Art Scholarships for the Spring 2013 Quarter. Contemporary Representational Art includes figures, still life, and landscapes.
Eligibility: Students, who are new or currently enrolled in our Extension classes, are invited to apply for this Scholarship.
Submission Requirements: Submit five images, and a 250-word essay to email@example.com or in person to the Administration Office. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Artwork: Each applicant must submit five different two-dimensional artwork pieces. Images of work should be in JPEG format. Images should be as close to 800 X 1200 dpi as possible, and emailed as an attached file, or submitted on a CD. These JPEG files must be good quality images that are as close as possible to viewing the piece in person. The JPEG must also be large enough to show your entire piece (do not crop your artwork). Each JPEG must be labeled with a number, and the artist’s name. Include a list of portfolio works with your submission. Include numbers corresponding to the images submitted, as well as title of work, description of piece, concept and/or subject matter, size, medium, and completion date. Submissions are limited to original artwork only, completed within one year of the entry date. No Master copies allowed. We will accept class work as long as an instructor has not modified it.
- Essay: You must include a 250-word essay explaining your artistic goals and how you would use your LAAFA education to accomplish these goals.
Jurors: Selected LAAFA faculty.
Awards: Up to two $500 scholarships for use toward select 8 or 10-week Spring Extension classes.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by September 16, 2013. Submissions after the deadline will not be accepted.
Recipients: Scholarship recipients will be announced on September 23, 2013.
Terms and Conditions:.LAAFA is not obligated to disperse all available scholarship funds if the submitted artwork do not meet the juror’s criteria. Scholarships are awarded in the form of credit towards selected Extension classes, applied to the Spring 2013 Quarter’s balance due after the registration fee has been paid. All tuition scholarships must be used at LAAFA and are non-transferable. In the event that the scholarship recipient’s class is terminated, either by the school or the student, the scholarship becomes null and void. Tuition scholarships are not redeemable for cash. Additional restrictions and requirements may apply. Students may only apply once per year for scholarship.
If you have any questions about the scholarships or application procedure, please see the Administration Office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting this information, you are agreeing to allow LAAFA to use your submitted images for any promotional purposes as LAAFA sees fit.
Discounts & Promotions
Multi-Course Discount…Receive 15% off the total price of three or more instructed classes (maximum discount of $500). Please call (818) 708-9232 to register for your classes in order to take advantage of this promotion.
New Student Discount…Students who are new to LAAFA receive a $50 off toward one instructed class. Please call (818) 708-9232 to register for your class in order to take advantage of this offer.
Senior Discount…For those 65 years and older, receive up to $50 off toward one instructed class. Please call (818) 708-9232 to register for your class in order to take advantage of this offer.
Referral Discount…Refer a new student and once they have completed an instructed class at LAAFA, you are entitled to receive $50 off toward one instructed class in the following quarter, of equal or greater value. Please call (818) 708-9232 to register for your class.
Complimentary Portfolio Review…We are offering one complimentary portfolio review per quarter, by appointment only. Email us at email@example.com to schedule your complementary portfolio review.
Discounts cannot be combined. Certain classes may be excluded. Other restrictions may apply.