In addition to being responsible for following the same application procedures as other prospective students, all international students have additional documentation requirements. All International students must submit the following documents:
ALL classes at LAAFA are taught in English. Applicants must be conversant in English.
- Complete the Online Registration process.
- A Portfolio containing no more than ten and no less than five of your most recent and best works of art.
- A Required Drawing – Applicants must complete 1 drawing of a glass cup and an egg on 18”x24” white paper. The drawing must be done in charcoal or graphite. It may be any glass cup or egg of your choosing. We are looking for quality of execution and innovative concepts.
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- A one to two page Admission Essay or Personal Statement.
- Official Transcripts for high school and all college courses completed.
- Include listings of all coursework in progress.
- A certified English translation of all academic records’ conversion to the U.S. quarter unit system is required.
- A letter explaining how the student plans on paying for the tuition, living expenses as well as supplies and book costs associated with the entire three years of the program. List the estimated amounts for the living expenses as well as books and supply costs (see the Personal Finances section under the Life in LA tab for information in regards to the costs associated with living in LA).
- A Declaration of Finances from the student’s parent, sponsor, or sponsoring agency. The declaration must show a guarantee of payment for one year’s tuition, supplies, and all living expenses.
- The official bank statement and/or other financial documents must be in English, or be accompanied by a certified English translation, and must delineate funds in U.S. currency.
- A $100 Application Fee and an additional $100 Visa Application Processing Fee may be paid by check, PayPal or credit card by calling LAAFA at 818-708-9232. All fees are non-refundable. The applicant is responsible for all courier costs associated with the shipping of the I-20 form to the student.
Applications can not be considered without all required materials. You can submit all documents by email at email@example.com or by mail to LAAFA at 16926 Saticoy Street, Van Nuys, CA 91406.