We would like to welcome you to the Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art (LAAFA). This is a very exciting time for your student and we are here to support and guide you through their successful college experience.
Parents’ involvement in their students’ education is extremely important. The faculty and staff at LAAFA are dedicated to help shape your student’s education and assist them to pursue their artist goals. Together we can create an environment for each student where they can thrive in their art education.
We have created a parents page to help you find information and resources that may assist you to answer questions that may arise about your student’s education.[sc:toggleContainer ] [sc:toggleBox title=’Newsletter’ ]
We invite all parents to sign-up for our LAAFA newsletter. This will keep you informed on classes, workshops, event and other school functions.[sc:toggleBoxEnd ] [sc:toggleBox title=’Campus Tours’ ]
The best way to find out if LAAFA is right for your student is to come for a private campus visit. You can email email@example.com or call us at 818-708-9232 to arrange for a private campus tour.[sc:toggleBoxEnd ] [sc:toggleBox title=’Faculty and Staff Emails’ ]
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for this list.[sc:toggleBoxEnd ] [sc:toggleBox title=’Food Services’ ]
LAAFA does not provide meals on campus.
- LAAFA offers a lounge area within our school that provides students with a refrigerator, freezer, microwave, water dispenser and coffee maker with complimentary coffee. We also have two vending machines with snacks and drinks for purchase.
- Off campus services – We have several restaurants, fast food and grocery stores within walking distance from the school.
Your new or current student may apply for our Fall or Spring Scholarships. Please refer to the scholarship section of the website for terms and conditions of these scholarship programs.[sc:toggleBoxEnd ] [sc:toggleBox title=’Grades’ ]
Although parents often are paying for their child’s education, unless the student is a dependent student as defined under the Internal Revenue Code, parents are not entitled to receive the student’s records without the student’s permission.[sc:toggleBoxEnd ] [sc:toggleBox title=’Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)’ ]
FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children’s education records. Please click here for more information.[sc:toggleBoxEnd ] [sc:toggleBox title=’Safety and Security’ ]
The safety and security of our students, faculty and staff are of great importance at LAAFA. Our staff makes every possible effort to keep the campus safe and secure. LAAFA will enforce all local and state criminal laws on campus property by working with local and state law enforcement agencies. Please read the information below to help you and provide others with a safe and secure environment. For more information regarding safety please click here.[sc:toggleBoxEnd ] [sc:toggleBox title=’Emergency Notification’ ]
In the event of an emergency, the following resources will be made available for students and parents:
- Emergency notification will be posted on our website home page.
- A message will be available on our LAAFA voicemail system. Please call 818-708-9232.
- Radio – KNX 1070 AM, KFWB 980 AM, KFI 640 AM will give regional emergency alert information for Los Angeles County.
- Local TV Stations – Channel 2, 4, 5, 7, 11 and 13.
- Text Messaging – LAAFA will send out any emergency notifications via text message for students that have provided us with a cell phone number.
- The possession, use or sale of alcohol or narcotic substances on campus is strictly prohibited.
- Students who are under the influence of alcohol or narcotics are in violation of LAAFA’s policies. Failure to comply with LAAFA’s policies will result in disciplinary action.
- LAAFA is a non-smoking building.